Bye to Mac, Back to Windows, Hi to Yoga

After 13 months of my first and only MacOS-based laptop, the Macbook Air, I replaced it with Windows 8 laptop, the Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13.



Why I choose Windows 8 over Mac:

Why I choose Yoga 13 among all the Windows 8 products:
With Lenovo Yoga, there is no need to purchase any tablet stand.


What I will miss on the Macbook Air:

To clarify, my switch has nothing to do with the "greatness" of one OS over the other. Rather, it's purely a usage preference.

Accessories for Yoga 13
You may need to buy some accessories to protect your investment. Here are some recommendations and where to find them:

1. Slot-in Case
If your purchase does not come with it free, you can buy from Lenovo Exclusive Store by Addon at Funan IT Mall #03-16 for S$69. The case is made of rubberised and leatherised fabric. Its edges are hard while the 2 larger cuts are soft. The case does not cover the Yoga completely, exposing it by an inch so that you can slot only the keyboard section when using as table mode. The shop also sells another beige case that covers the whole laptop.



2. Screen Protector
Also available at the above shop, but was out of stock when I went there. Waiting for them to call me when stocks are in. They claimed it will cost S$29. Recommended to stick one because the Yoga glass is fingerprint magnet and highly reflective.

3. Keyboard Protector
This TPU-material is placed on the keyboard to reduce finger wear due to abrasion. I ordered mine on eBay from a Hong Kong distributor for less than US$10.

Yoga keyboard - no protector yet.

4. HDMI to VGA Adapter
It's good to get one in case you needed to connect to another display device that uses only the analog connector (e.g. office projectors). This accessory is also available at the Lenovo Exclusive Store mentioned above but selling at $49. I ordered mine from DealExtreme for about US$14. There are many many different similar items with various prices, but I selected the one that is marked as "Staff Pick".


Labels: , ,