Portrait with Melody

Exactly one week after I shot Zoe Raymond, I met up with Melody for lunch, and as if premeditated, ended up taking some shots after our meal.




Melody is probably the person I shot the most among my photographic subjects, yet she was never a model to begin with, unlike many other subjects I photographed. Perhaps that is what made the shoot more interesting because there was no expectations that an experienced model would look out for. We collaborated lots of shoot themes and achieved numerous styles that I believed she is capable of.


Here's our very first shoot back in 2009.

Post by Chester Tan Photography.


Post by Chester Tan Photography.



Then in 2010.


Post by Chester Tan Photography.


Here's a series in 2012.


Post by Chester Tan Photography.


Melody has undergone much transformation since the last time I met her. She has become more adventurous in grooming. She has also embraced the boon (and bane) of the social media, capitalising on her social influence to promote beauty and fashion. In fact, I joked with her that she has no need for any more photoshoots with me because all her shots look great.




Still, I welcome her (or anyone) for a personal photo session, to capture the natural, the uninhibited, the genuine side, of a person. That, is my kind of portraiture photography.




Labels: ,