Samsung Desktop Charging Dock - Works with Galaxy Note 4

After upgrading from Samsung Note 3 to Note 4, wifey missed the Samsung Desktop Dock. The Note 3 dock uses the long USB 3.0 connector, so is incompatible with all the Samsung Galaxy phones. I even went to Sim Lim to look for the generic dock, but found that the connector is as tight as any USB cable connector which requires two hands to undock (don't buy them at all cost!). The next best alternative was the Belkin Charge and Sync Dock where Harvey Norman was selling for S$19.90 but when I decided to buy it, I couldn't find any in stores (the Belkin dock for iPhone lightning port was aplenty but priced at S$63 - a 3-fold difference. Go figure.).

My next best (and favourite) resort: Carousell.

There are a lot of sellers for the original Samsung desktop docks, but most of them are bundled with Galaxy Note II, S3 or S4. I was unsure if they will fit a Note 4 with case. Eventually, I found a seller asking for S$10. I reckon it was a good price to take a risk. Moreover, if it really can't fit in the Note 4, I can still use it to charge other smartphones.

But guess what? It fits perfectly!



What I like about the original Samsung dock is that the Note 4 sits on the dock securely, yet removes easily without resistance. The USB port does not lock like normal USB cable, and the phone is cushioned with a spring platform to support various smartphone models.



There is just one thing the dock doesn't support: fast charging.

If that doesn't deter you, head on to Carousell or your favourite buy-and-sell portals to get one. Dock also works with Galaxy Note Edge.


Dock Model: EDD-D200WE

Labels: , , ,